You can help us do better
It might surprise you to learn that 75% of our trash is recyclable. That’s ¾ of our trash, or 3 out of 4 bags that we put out at the curb. The national average of trash recycled is 32%. Michigan’s average is about 20%, the worst in the Great Lakes area. You can help us do better.
8 drop sites for your convenience
We have drop-off sites all around the county for your convenience. We are at Grant Elementary, Brooks Township Hall, Garfield Township Hall, Croton Transfer Recycling Center, the City of White Cloud, Holton Township Hall, the Village of Hesperia, and on Cherry Street in Fremont.
Think fuel, not garbage
Recycling services cost money, but we’re spending it anyway on trash disposal. Why not convert our waste into something useful and save our environment for future generations? Did you know, for example, that one ton of recycled plastic saves 162 gallons of oil?
Did you know . . .
- Each one of us produces about ¾ ton of trash each year; that’s 4 pounds per day, not including the industrial and community waste produced on our behalf.
- One ton of recycled plastic saves almost 4 barrels – 162 gallons – of oil.
- One ton of recycled glass saves 2,400 pounds of sand, soda ash, and limestone.
- One ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees and 7,000 gallons of water.
- One ton of recycled metal saves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal, and 120 pounds of limestone.